On behalf of our international client in Malta, we are looking for an Accountant to join their team.
The Accountant will be responsible for the vessel accounting processes, the preparation and review of month end reporting, and monitoring and mentoring staff members that will report to them.
· Involvement in the preparation of the weekly payment run
· Preparing bank reconciliations
· Preparing sales invoices
· Preparing of payroll journals and upload files
· Ensuring that all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled monthly
· Reviewing and approving of month end inventory and processing in accounting system
· Preparing depreciation, accruals, and prepayments journals
· Preparing monthly vessel accounting
· Communicating with vessel clients maanagers
· Liaising with auditors during year end audit
· Working with Peers at Head office, Malta office and Vessel team
· Working on other reporting as required
· Ability to work well with colleagues, manage the team and liaising with the vessel team
· Ability to prioritize workload and delegate tasks
· Ability to work well under pressure and within set timeframes
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Knowledge of MS Office software
· Fully qualified Accountant
· Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Previous experience in a similar post will be considered as an asset (1-2 years of experience in the field)
· Willing to travel if required
· Health Insurance
To find out more about this great opportunity and many others, get in touch with the SpotOn Connections team. We have options for speakers of many languages across Europe with positions based in Greece, Portugal, Germany, Ireland, Malta, Gibraltar, UK, Czech Republic, and elsewhere.
We offer a 250 euro ‘refer a friend’ bonus for successfully placed candidates, so please send us any candidates that you feel might be suitable for this role.
Get in touch with us to kickstart your career today!
SpotOn Connections offers international recruitment solutions and career consultancy for all industries across Europe. We deliver a premium service at all stages of the recruitment process, taking the time to get to know our clients and candidates on a personal level so that we can make the perfect match. Our network of consultants come from a recruitment background, with particular specialisation on the finance, legal, technical, and multilingual industries. We currently have offices in Malta and Portugal.