Our client is looking for a Software Engineer to help their Malta-based cross functional teams design, develop and maintain their payments platform and the applications that reside on it. The ideal candidate has a drive to engineer high-quality solutions to complex problems. Experience in steering engineering teams’ growth through mentorship is a definite plus.
· Deliver high-quality software features as a member of a cross-functional team, following best engineering practices and guidelines and delivering within reasonable timeframes.
· Diagnose and resolve issues and defects identified in code.
· Participate in the planning and design of product and technical initiatives.
· Proficient in domain technologies and techniques, and researches and communicates alternative ones that are trending in the industry.
· Help improve others, providing technical guidance and mentoring within understood expertise and actively shares knowledge within domain.
· You have 2+ years of experience in engineering software and can communicate ideas and solutions with both technical and non-technical colleagues
· You have knowledge of Java based server-side/backend technologies (Spring, Hibernate, JOOQ), and are comfortable with frontend technologies such as Angular.
· You have preference for test-driven development that emphasises well-written unit and integration tests, and champion best engineering practices
· You have experience or familiarity with JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, MySQL and NoSQL (Mongo) databases, implementing and consuming APIs, documenting API specs (RAML and OpenAPI), microservices and tools like Kafka, Zookeeper, Docker and Kubernetes
· You have a delivery mindset, embrace Agile values, and demonstrate a well-rounded knowledge of cutting-edge technologies and engineering practices and processes.
SpotOn Connections offers international recruitment solutions and career consultancy for all industries across Europe. We deliver a premium service at all stages of the recruitment process, taking the time to get to know our clients and candidates on a personal level so that we can make the perfect match. Our network of consultants come from a recruitment background, with particular specialisation on the finance, legal, technical, and multilingual industries. We currently have offices in Malta and Portugal.