Our client is a very reputable and solid Corporate Services provider, well-known by their dynamic working atmosphere. We are seeking to recruit an ambitious and driven Accounts Executive to join a team of experienced and dedicated professionals. Reporting into the Assistant Manager of the Client Accounting team, the Accounts Executive will be entrusted to manage a diverse portfolio of clients hailing from different industries, including gaming and financial services amongst others. The right candidate will also have the opportunity to mentor more junior team members, to participate in training and to specialise further within the Accounting profession.
• Completing the management accounts of one’s portfolio of clients;
• Preparation and submission of VAT Returns for this portfolio of clients;
• Ensure that all the tasks within the assigned portfolio of clients are completed in accordance with statutory requirements;
• Liaising with Auditors, Tax and VAT Departments and MFSA, necessary and as directed by the Head of Department;
• Liaising with internal departments to obtain information and supporting documentation to allow for the timely preparation of financial statements and statutory returns;
• Involvement in client meetings in relation to own portfolio;
• Assisting the more junior team members and guide them in their daily questions and in prioritisation of their tasks;
• Any other accounting related duties as may be required from time to time.
• ACCA qualification (or in process of finalising it) or in possession of a relevant degree in Accountancy.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an accounting role, particularly in client accounting;
• Experience in working on MGA licensed entities would be considered an asset;
• A 5-star customer service attitude, ready to work with different clients and surpass their expectations;
• Excellent ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written;
• A proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and internal departments ensuring lines of communication remain open;
• Ability to work as part of a team, assisting others where necessary to ensure all deadlines are met;
• Competent in the use of standard office tools including Sage and Microsoft Office;
• Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision;
• Ability to prioritise between different clients and deadlines according to urgency and ability to multi-task and be organised
• Works well under pressure and cope with several deadlines at the same time
SpotOn Connections offers international recruitment solutions and career consultancy for all industries across Europe. We deliver a premium service at all stages of the recruitment process, taking the time to get to know our clients and candidates on a personal level so that we can make the perfect match. Our network of consultants come from a recruitment background, with particular specialisation on the finance, legal, technical, and multilingual industries. We currently have offices in Malta and Portugal.