Our client is a reputable company related to the Corporate Services industry that focuses on providing high quality services. The foundation of their success is delivering true value through long term relations. That applies to their clients and colleagues.
A dynamic an international Corporate Services company that describes its team as ‘Professionals in a non-corporate way’.
• In this role, the Senior Legal Manager is responsible of managing a team of Legal Account Managers and Corporate Administrators whereby the main focus is on training the team and providing them with high- level legal support.
• You will be reporting directly to local management and will be working closely with both the Legal Account Management team as well as the Compliance Department.
• The Senior Legal Manager is responsible for maintaining a good standard of corporate governance within the Malta office, ensuring any legal and statutory requirements are adhered to.
• It is also expected from the Senior Legal Manager to continuously develop both personally as well as professionally and deliver added value to the legal discipline within the company and to contribute to the further growth of the office.
• As a Senior Legal Manager, you need to manage ad-hoc activities, train and coach your team, next to client contact and daily work.
• Act as a manager of the in-house legal account managers which includes the provision of training, provision of high-level legal advice and coordination of external advisors.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the internal database of legal ‘draft’ documents.
• Responsible for maintaining a good standard of corporate governance within the Malta office, ensuring any legal, AML/Compliance and statutory requirements are adhered to.
• You will work closely with their compliance department.
• Ensuring that appropriate processes and procedures are in place to comply with regulatory requirements in accordance to the Group standard.
• Attendance and participation at client meetings, either on or off site. This may occasionally require international travel.
• Keep track of new legal and fiscal developments and anticipate changes in legislation and translate this into business opportunities.
• Recording all time spent on client matters.
• Ensuring that statutory deadlines are met.
• Malta University degree in Law.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in Maltese Corporate Law.
• To be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Fluent in English (both orally and in writing).
• Personal credibility, integrity and high moral standards.
• Training and coaching skills.
• Quality focused, business-minded with ability to deliver excellent service to our clients.
• Work experience in the fiduciary/corporate services sector is deemed as an advantage.
• In this position, you need to prioritize what is important, have a hands-on, flexible and independent work mentality and be able to deal with stress and deadlines.
• A helicopter view is required, since you are responsible for the legal processes and requirements of the clients.
• You are proactive know what you are capable of, possess good communication skills and not afraid of asking questions
• You will receive a competitive salary package
• Holiday allowance, 27 vacation days per calendar year
• Private health insurance, parking facilities, and international career opportunities.
• Ongoing trainings, including an internal Academy!
• Regular social events with your colleagues.
• Annual ski trip.
• Daily fresh fruit and weekly team lunches
SpotOn Connections offers international recruitment solutions and career consultancy for all industries across Europe. We deliver a premium service at all stages of the recruitment process, taking the time to get to know our clients and candidates on a personal level so that we can make the perfect match. Our network of consultants come from a recruitment background, with particular specialisation on the finance, legal, technical, and multilingual industries. We currently have offices in Malta and Portugal.