Our client is a well-known and established company operating within the Payment Services Industry.
Combining a consultative approach with their payments platform, the company is a Principal Issuing
Member of Visa and Mastercard, with customers in more than 50 countries with three regulated
entities across the UK (EMI / PI FCA regulated) and Malta (EMI with MFSA).
About the Role
Reporting directly to the CFO (in the interim to the CEO), the company is looking for a qualified
individual that has extensive experience in running finance departments within the regulated FinTech
space, preferably with B2B Card Issuing experience.
The candidate must have a strong professional background and be commercial savvy. You need to be
able to manage all aspects of the finance function, be very familiar with international accounting
practices and have a good understanding of payments regulatory requirements. The candidate must
be able to deep-dive in the details and also be able to communicate efficiently at board level.
The candidate will be in charge of the finance function across the group, consisting of two regulated
entities in the UK (supervised by the FCA) and one regulated entity in Malta (supervised by the MFSA).
• Oversee finance, treasury, tax and all other finance tasks within the group
• Preparation of group management accounts for CEO and board
• Drive the company’s financial planning
• Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organisation’s operations and managing financing
• Responsible for the production of accurate and clear forecasting for the business
• Maintain a robust financial control system, making sure that the system is documented and
• Accountable for the company’s compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company
• Support the business in the conclusion and maintenance of ongoing commercial partnerships
from both a financial optimisation and commercial sensibility
• Ensuring that all customer funds are safeguarded in-line with regulatory requirements and
the company safeguarding policy adhered to
• Preparing regulatory reports as required (e.g. capital adequacy reporting) and statutory
You will also be involved in the following:
• Maintaining the accounting records of the business
• Input into accounting processes
• Production of a dashboard for the business with high level financials and operating metrics
• Ensuring the control and management of statutory audit
• Overseeing and planning and budgeting and ensuring business growth
• Proven experience in the FinTech sector, experience working with Visa/Mastercard issuing
• Minimum of 7 years experience in a finance role, preference with experience working with an
FCA regulated business
• In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
• Knowledge of financial services compliance requirements
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
• Very strong leadership and organisational skills
• Excellent people and communication skills
• Qualified CIMA or ACCA
• UK based with an ability to work in the UK
• Ability to undertake international travel upon request
SpotOn Connections offers international recruitment solutions and career consultancy for all industries across Europe. We deliver a premium service at all stages of the recruitment process, taking the time to get to know our clients and candidates on a personal level so that we can make the perfect match. Our network of consultants come from a recruitment background, with particular specialisation on the finance, legal, technical, and multilingual industries. We currently have offices in Malta and Portugal.