A multi-tasking and dynamic AML role just became available with our client, where you will be responsible for servicing high profile alternative investment fund industry clients. The role encompasses all aspects of KYC from client on-boarding stages and interaction with operational teams to management and regulatory reporting.
• You will be familiar with the AML legislation and regulations in Malta, including the FIAU Implementing Procedures;
• You will be performing risk assessment of existing and new clients, evaluating and identifying suspicious behavior and reporting to the Manager on appropriate action according to the level of risk;
• You will prepare client CDD files at on-boarding stage and conduct a risk-based ongoing monitoring of clients thereafter for review by the Manager;
• You will be requesting appropriate CDD documentation from the client and/or the fund administrator and ensuring any High Risk clients are adequately monitored as part of the KYC process;
• You will keep the Client Register up to date and ensure all CDD information, documents and files are properly maintained, stored and recorded;
• You will be clearing and/or investigating/verifying possible matches as generated by the scanning application that the company uses to scan their client base against lists of undesirable persons;
• You will ensure all queries received by the team are responded to in a timely manner;
• You will liaise with internal departments from custody/depositary operations, legal, compliance and risk to ensure AML procedures are being adhered to;
• You will support the Manager in identifying business risk and implementing risk management processes; • Other ad hoc AML projects and duties may arise from time to time.
• You are degree qualified in a business, banking or finance, and have a minimum of 3 years AML experience, preferably in the local financial services and/or funds industry;
• You can be described as a ‘team player’ who can work well within a small team to deliver quality service;
• You are Independent, proactive, detail-oriented and organized with an ability to multi-task and take initiative in all parts of the operations;
• You are naturally inquisitive, analytical and able to highlight risks based on findings;
• You have excellent communication and writing skills.
SpotOn Connections offers international recruitment solutions and career consultancy for all industries across Europe. We deliver a premium service at all stages of the recruitment process, taking the time to get to know our clients and candidates on a personal level so that we can make the perfect match. Our network of consultants come from a recruitment background, with particular specialisation on the finance, legal, technical, and multilingual industries. We currently have offices in Malta and Portugal.