Our client is an international leading European legacy specialist with experience in the acquisition and management of insurance and reinsurance companies and portfolios in run-off. They are seeking to recruit a Senior Risk Analyst to join the Risk & Compliance team in Malta.
• The primary role will be that of assisting the Risk & Compliance team in their Risk Management responsibilities in order to ensure that the risks faced by the Group and the re/insurance entities within the Group are properly identified, analysed, controlled, monitored and reported. You would, therefore, be contributing in all aspects of the Enterprise Risk Management framework.
• Identifying, measuring, managing, monitoring and reporting risks for consideration by the Head of Group Risk & Compliance and each risk carrier’s Risk Committees.
• Performing oversight and challenge and advising on new initiatives, projects, and potential deals.
• Providing actuarial risk oversight on reserving, pricing, capital and investments.
• Reviewing and monitoring the Risk Appetite Framework and suggesting enhancements as might be necessary.
• Contributing to the overall ORSA and taking responsibility for workstreams within the wider ORSA Process as well as providing risk input into other annual reports such as the SFCR and RSR.
• Designing and implementing Stress and Scenario testing.
• Developing and monitoring risk management tools including Key Risk Indicators.
• Continue developing and enhancing the Risk Assessment Framework.
• Continue promoting and enhancing the Risk Management culture.
• At least 3 years working experience in a similar role in the insurance industry.
• Educated to at least degree level in a risk management, actuarial or related discipline and willing to study to complete professional exams.
• In-depth knowledge of the Solvency II Directives.
• Competency in Financial Analysis. • Proficient in MS-Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Be self-aware and diplomatic in all interactions
• Ability to talk at board-level and explain complex issues simply
• Able to deal confidently with regulators and internal auditors The candidate must be prepared to travel to other European offices within the group as well as participating in oversees meetings, seminars and conferences
SpotOn Connections offers international recruitment solutions and career consultancy for all industries across Europe. We deliver a premium service at all stages of the recruitment process, taking the time to get to know our clients and candidates on a personal level so that we can make the perfect match. Our network of consultants come from a recruitment background, with particular specialisation on the finance, legal, technical, and multilingual industries. We currently have offices in Malta and Portugal.