A leading Telecommunications company based in Malta is on the look-out for an experienced IT & DevOps Engineer who can bridge the IT and DevOps practices, together with driving other specialists towards the company’s common goals. The perfect candidate will have a track record of IT & DevOps knowledge and a solid understanding of networking principles. If you’ve got the skills and want to join a fun and vibrant company, then we look forward to receiving your CV for this Malta based Senior IT & DevOps Engineer role
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Administer internal IT infrastructure and systems, including on-premise physical/virtualized and cloud-based platforms
• Orchestrate workloads across multiple in-house platforms and public cloud providers
• Automate tasks where possible by means of scripting and/or configuration/deployment management systems
• Develop tooling and processes to drive and improve customer experience; maintaining relevant documentation
• Monitor managed systems including application and database services, using alerts and log management tools; taking corrective actions as required
• Resolve support cases related to IT and DevOps; restoring IT service outages and identify/resolve root causes
• Oversee and actively support major projects in the IT Operations team
• Coach and mentor other members of IT Operations team
• Proven track record of IT and DevOps knowledge, supported by relevant qualifications and experience
• Solid knowledge of networking principles (ideally experience on Cisco devices), Linux and Windows Operating Systems, virtualization tools such as Hyper-V and VMware, Office365 administration, backup tools such as VEEAM, preferably database technologies such as SQL
• Experience with Cloud services (Azure, Google, AWS) and Automation (Google Deployment Manager, Terraform or such tools), containerisation and orchestration
• Experience with one or more programming languages is an asset (Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby, Java and so on), proficiency with git and git workflows is also desirable
• Strong problem-solving and communication skills, a positive customer-centric attitude and a high level of ownership are expected
• Ability to work on own initiative and meet targets with little supervision
• Innovative tech environment
• Training & development
• Excellent career opportunities
• Health insurance
• Cool working environment
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Michelle Cooper, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the above job reference or call +356 2778 0664 for further information.
The GRS Group provides solutions in Permanent, Temporary and Contract Recruitment, Payroll Outsourcing, HR and Outplacement Solutions, Salary Benchmarking and CV Writing/Career Guidance.
Managing a vast range of career opportunities in Cyprus and Malta, we mix our unrivalled expertise, specific industry knowledge, exceptional online presence and an extensive network with the largest candidate database, giving our clients access to the best human capital and talent.
Since 2005 we have placed thousands of candidates to advance their careers and meet our client's strategic objectives. Our high quality service is consistently committed to excellence where confidentiality, for both client and candidate, are at the forefront of our priorities. In this highly competitive market where finding and retaining top talent can be incredibly challenging, it has never been more critical to engage the services of GRS.