Our client is a very successful quantitative trading firm with several offices around the globe. The London office has the feel of a tech start-up and is ran as a research centre across high performance computing and predictive modelling.
They are looking to add two Software Engineers to their algorithmic trading team. The successful hires in this role will collaborate extensively with traders and technologists to evolve, improve, and maintain all elements of the teams infrastructure (execution, signal generation, model building and back testing). In this role, you can expect exposure to a wide range of challenging problems involving high performance computing, software design and big data. Most problems require high-availability, high-throughput and low latency solutions.
· 3 years+ C++, Python or Java development experience
· Strong instincts around performance vs simplicity tradeoffs
· Experience working on a Linux platform
· Self-directed and able to take ownership of projects and responsibilities
· Strong academic record
Advantageous to have:
· Experience with distributed systems, multi-threading and/or operating systems
· Experience in developing extremely low latency systems
· Experience dealing with exchange market data
Consultancy firm operating across predictive modelling and algorithmic trading of sports betting markets