Software Developer - JAVA (LOCATION MALTA)
We are on the lookout for a Software Developer to join the Malta based offices of our international Client. The selected candidate will be responsible for development of a suite of applications used within the financial sector. Development will apply to systems related to reporting, trading, accounting, messaging, and integration. The role functions within a team of experienced developers who are constantly improving what and how the work is done. A love for the art of software development is essential.
Main Duties include:
• Work on business layer components of the applications.
• Produce clear and maintainable code within the agreed timeframes, budgets and quality levels.
• Maintain version control and produce clear and standard documentation for new code and successive updates.
• Unit test any code produced, deliver same for UAT and handle the change management cycle until the new code is released to the production environment.
• Participate in code reviews with the team
• Carry out meetings and actively correspond with users to clearly define and document requirements, accurately determine effort in terms of time and resources.
• Suggest improvements that could improve operational efficiencies and guide users whenever requirements do not meet security, quality or performance standards.
• Provide regular reports on matters relating to open issues and developments in the pipeline.
• Contribute to the continuous learning of the team to ensure improvement and increased efficiency.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience with java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience with java development.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience with web application development
• Ideally would have experience creating Restful Web Services
• Have a strong understanding of source code version control systems with GIT experience being a strong plus.
• Ideally be in possession of a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or equivalent qualification.
At Island Consultancy Malta, we believe that behind every successful company there are successful employees. That is why we specialise in recruitment to provide our Clients with the best Candidates available on the workforce market. We also assist our clients with salary packages guidelines and much more.
At the same time we offer and guarantee our Candidates the best career opportunities as well as advice in:
Island Consultancy Malta goes the extra mile for you...so you don't have to.