We have a number of exciting opportunities to work with a global digital media and broadcasting company with an impressive portfolio of clients. Want to work in their fun and friendly offices in Malaga technology park (PTA) with great starting salary, career plan and amazing benefits?
The QA Automation Engineer is a key member of the Customer Success team who are responsible for delivering client requirements for projects and engagements, ensuring that we successfully deliver quality on time.
Key stakeholders include, but are not limited to the client, wider QA team, the Project team to which they are assigned, the wider Project and Programme Management and Quality Assurance community.
• Carries out automated and manual testing on projects and engagements, under the guidance of the Technical Architect / Leads, may alternatively lead testing on a small project
• Inputs to the testing required for a project including, inputting to test plans, writing and executing feature files and step definitions, including complex cases, assisting with environment and kit identification, recording defects, reporting, identifying risks
• Responsible for inputting to the global test strategy and for being part of the overall QA community, sharing learnings and knowledge with colleagues
• Responsible for feature file and step definition provision, execution, defect logging, tracking and reporting on the projects they are assigned to
• Responsible for updating the project manager or scrum team, Leads or Automation Lead about the progress of testing, and any associated risks
• Responsible for attending any testing meetings of the project, including, amongst others sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, showcases and retrospectives, or standard weekly project meetings
• Responsible for alerting Automation Lead or Project Manager to any issues on the project, for example: showstopper defects, changes to timescales
• Assisting with defining the test outline for the project including identification of the environments, toolsets and kit needed for the test
Requirements and Skills!
• Ability to use Quality Management Tools: Tools used to assist with test execution and test planning such as JIRA, Charles, Fiddler. Postman
• Familiar with Cucumber and Behaviour Driven Development
• Excellent communication skills in fluent English, both written and verbal
• Skills such as test case provision (including edge, boundary and negative test cases), defect management and write up, test execution and test toolsets and techniques
Understanding of how QA should function when working on Projects using both waterfall and agile methodologies. Involvement in both project types, understands resource requirements, changed focus and timings between two
• Good understanding of methods, techniques and tools for the analysis, assessment and management of testing risk
• Understanding of REST services and experience testing APIs
Experience in working with automation frameworks
• Good comprehension of test and defect management
• Deep understanding the software development lifecycle and key development technologies with a sound familiarisation of at least one methodology (Agile for preference)
• Competitive salary
• 23 days annual leave + additional day for every 3 years of service
• Additional day’s leave on your birthday
• Private medical insurance
• Participation in the Malaga Health Challenge
• Flexible schedule • English / Spanish classes
• Monthly Team Night Out
Specialists in IT and Online gaming in Spain and Gibraltar, with over 20 years combined experience of recruitment, industry expertise and local knowledge.
With Rock Recruiters you can benefit from Big Agency background mixed with a small consultancy feel. With us you can expect a personal, professional and effective service.
Our areas of specialism:
• Web Development, Creative and Design
• IT Support, Technical and Test.
• Gaming and Operations
• CRM, Marketing and Analytics
• Customers Service and VIP
• Sales and Finance
• Office, Compliance and Admin
Rock Recruiters has a strong network and a range of recruitment tools, so we are flexible at the
service we can offer and can recruit from outside our specialist area.
We act as an addition to support HR & IT teams alike and more recently supporting and working closely with start-up businesses.
We are personal about personnel and advise, support and assist candidates on a 1 to 1 basis throughout the recruitment process.
** Any CVs sent via Linkedin will be kept in strictest confidence and we will only provide your details to our clients with your consent and will store them on our secure cloud/server which you can request to be removed from at any time.**