Jobsfactor currently carries over 200 jobs in the I.T. industry. So, we thought it would be helpful to provide a quick overview on working in the I.T. industry.
WHAT ROLES ARE THERE
- Project Managers/Business analysts
- Mobile/Application Developers
- Software Engineers
- UX and Frontend Developers
- Java, .Net and PHP Developers
- Infrastructure/Network Support
- Service Desk Analysts
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED
To succeed you need a mix of soft and technical skills:
- Specialist technical skill
- Ability to communicate effectively, build relationships with employees in other business functions, and lead and manage teams
- Analytical mind and problem-solving skills
- Ability to explain procedures in a practical and user-friendly way
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED?
- University degree and/or a Professional institution qualification e.g. from the Chartered Institute of I.T.
- Computer Science degree or an alternative
- A lot of developers are self-taught and a portfolio of projects can work just as well
Check out all the vacancies on the web site and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and we would love you to connect to us on LinkedIn.